Southwest Monsoon 2012

It was in the evening of August 6 that heavy rains started to pour, classes were suspended late back then as it was already 6 p.m. when it was announced.  When I get home our area is flooded ankle deep, so what I am usually doing if this is the case I always park the car at a higher ground just to make sure. Anyway walking back going home, I guess the water has risen maybe a feet more but not yet enough to enter our home.

 

Well flooding is not new to me, and I was thinking that this is only a monsoon rain and I believe flood will not get that high much like last October of 2009 when a storm locally called as “Ondoy” hit metro manila in its path, the flood reached I guess maybe 9 feet inside our home.

 

Again thinking that the flood will not be that high, I usually set up things much like below, when the flood entered our home maybe I guess it was 1 foot high.

 

flooding-4704

 

However rain was really pouring hard, and when it reached maybe I guess at almost 3 feet already. I decided to save already my fish as seen below to be transferred to a higher tank above me.

 

saving-4709

 

I was amazed that the rain still won’t stop and I’m starting to think already, is this the same as before when we were affected by storm Ondoy last 2009?  Well see for yourself the flood still keeps on rising that our furnitures and appliances have started floating :) hahahaha….

 

asof1222-4713

 

The picture that you are seeing above is not yet at the highest level I believe it reached almost 4 feet inside our home that it was almost on my neck.

 

More pictures!

 

The garage in front of our home. I think this almost at 6 feet outside.

 

IMG_4721

 

Our gate as seen below, actually a boat was able to get in on top of this at the time the flood was at its highest level, my uncle wanted to evacuate already so he did get out using the boat.

 

IMG_4722

 

However for us we stayed :)

Comments